Custard and Apple Impossible Pie
Tummy warming desserts don’t get much easier than this impossible pie. Just layer some fresh sliced apples (substituted for canned if you like) on the bottom of the pie dish, then whisk and pour the remainder of the ingredients on top. We told you it was easy!
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 85g (1 cup) desiccated coconut
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 125g butter, melted
- 500ml (2 cups) milk
- 385g apple slices (can be substituted for canned pie apples)
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 180C/160C (360F / 320F) fan-forced. Grease a 5cm deep, 24cm round pie dish.
- Step 2: Use a whisk to whisk the flour sugar, coconut, eggs, vanilla and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add the milk, whisking constantly, until combined
- Step 3: Place the apple slices over the base of the prepared dish. Pour over coconut mixture.
- Step 4: Bake the pie for 1 hour or until set. Set aside to cool before serving.
- Step 5: Serve by itself, with ice cream or with cream.