- Separate Legal Entity means an individual who is an authorised representative of a Separate Legal Entity.
- Foodporn means:
- The Foodporn Group Pty Ltd (ACN 630 396 806) and its Related Bodies Corporate and Related Entities;
- Foodporn Limited (Company Number 11512343) and its Related Bodies Corporate and Related Entities; and
- Foodporn LLC, a company incorporated in New York, and its Related Bodies Corporate and Related Entities.
- Foodporn Services means the services concerning the advertisement and review of food and drink establishments, and of any related products and services, provided on the Foodporn Website.
- Foodporn Website means:
- Including means including without limitation.
- Related Body Corporate has the meaning given to it in section50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Related Entity has the meaning given to it in section50 of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- Separate Legal Entity means a legal entity that has an identity that is separate from the actual user ( Including a company or trust).
- You means:
- any individual who accesses the Foodporn Website;
- any individual who uses any of the Foodporn Services; and
- a Separate Legal Entity on behalf of whom a Separate Legal Entity accesses the Foodporn Website, or uses any of the Foodporn Services.
- Where a word or phrase is defined, its other forms have a corresponding meaning. So, for example, We, Us and Our all refer to Foodporn.
What are Cookies and How do They Work?
- What are cookies?
- Cookies are small text files that automatically collect technical data about Your equipment, browsing actions and patterns.
- How do they work?
- When You first visit the Foodporn Website, a server for the website downloads cookies to Your computer or other device.
- Then, each time You visit the Foodporn Website, Your web browser will send these cookies back to Our server, so that We can recognise You and remember information about You (Including Your preferences).
- For more information about what cookies are and how they work, see Aboutcookies.org.
You Consent to Us using Cookies
- Whenever You use the Foodporn Website, We may collect information about You using cookies.
To what do
By accessing or using the
Foodporn Website and the
You agree that
Foodporn may, in line with this
- place cookies on Your computer or device; and
- use and share Your cookies and the information that Your cookies contain.
What Cookies Does Foodporn Use and Why?
- Foodporn uses
Your cookies to:
- ensure that the Foodporn Website is working effectively;
- help Us improve Your user experience; and
- provide You with marketing information or advertisements, either directly or through third parties.
- Foodporn uses Your cookies to:
- What types of cookies does Foodporn use?
- Essential cookies
- Some cookies are essential for Us to run the Foodporn Website. So, if We can't use them, We can't knock Your socks off with our Foodporn Services !
- For example, some essential cookies allow Us to identify You as an account holder and ensure that You can access the 'account holder only' pages.
- Note that, if You are an account holder and You disable these essential cookies, You may not be able to access all of the content which You are entitled to access due to Your status.
- Performance cookies
Other cookies allow
- analyse how users use the Foodporn Website, so that We can customise our offering and provide a high-quality user experience; and
- monitor the website's performance, so that We can quickly identify and fix any issues.
For example, performance cookies allow
- identify and track the most popular pages;
- identify and track which method of linking pages is most effective;
- determine why some pages receive error messages; and
- highlight articles or site services that We think will interest a particular user, based on his or her previous use of the Foodporn Website.
- Other cookies allow Us to:
- Functionality cookies
- Functionality cookies allow Us to remember a particular user's preferences.
For example, functionality cookies recall
Your customisation preferences,
Including Your :
- location, so that We can ensure You are accessing the version of the Foodporn Website available in Your country; and
- location search history, so We can tailor Your search results specifically to Your preferences.
- Behaviourally targeted advertising cookies
- Some cookies allow Us and third parties to provide a user with advertisements that may be relevant to his or her interests.
- For example, if You regularly search the Foodporn Website for restaurants offering Korean food, We may provide You with advertisements from Korean restaurants (as We will know what Your taste buds are after!)
- Compliance and security authentication
Other cookies help
- comply with Our legal requirements;
- prevent fraud; and
- protect a user's data from unauthorised access.
- For example, compliance and security authentication cookies allow Us to determine if You are logged in, which means We can stop anyone else logging into Your account (without authorisation) at the same time.
- Other cookies help Us to:
- Notification cookies
Notification cookies allow
Us and third party service providers to:
- understand how effective Foodporn's content is;
- understand better the interests of Foodporn's users; and
- improve how the Foodporn Website works.
- For example, the data obtained from notification cookies may show Us that one type of content is more engaging than another, and allow Us to modify what we display in order to create a better user experience on the Foodporn Website.
- Notification cookies allow Us and third party service providers to:
- Further information
- If You would like more information about the cookies that We use, please contact Us..
How to Control and Manage Cookies
- You give Us permission to place cookies on Your computer or device, and to use and share Your cookies and the information that Your cookies contain. For further information, see 'You Consent to Us using Your Cookies'.
- However, You can control or manage Your cookies in various ways, Including by adjusting the following:
- We set out below some details regarding each method of controlling or managing Your cookies.
- Browser controls
Most browsers will allow
You to see what cookies
You have and then:
- delete any of them;
- block cookies from all or specific websites; or
- manage or 'filter' cookies to allow some and block others.
- Note that, if You delete all of Your cookies or block particular ones, this may impact Your user experience, or stop You from using all of Foodporn's functionality. For instance, if You delete or refuse to accept Our geolocation cookie, We won't know where You are located, so We won't be able to immediately suggest food and drink establishments that are close to You (and therefore the most helpful).
- For more information on how to modify Your browser controls to deal with unwanted cookies, see Aboutcookies.org or Cookie Central, 'The Unofficial Cookie FAQ'.
- Most browsers will allow You to see what cookies You have and then:
- Analytics cookies settings
- Analytics cookies record anonymised information about a user's browsing activity. Foodporn uses Google Analytics for this purpose.
- To find out how to opt-out of Google Analytics' cookies, see Google Analytics, 'Terms of Service'.
- Flash cookies settings
- Flash cookies (or local shared objects) are like most other browser cookies, except that they can store additional types of information, such as the place where a user's video stopped playing, or a banner advertisement stopped rotating.
- The Foodporn Website may use the flash cookies to store Your preferences regarding media player functionality. If You disable these cookies, You might not be able to play some video content properly.
- To find out how to manage Your flash cookies, see Adobe, 'Flash Player Help'.
Third Party Cookies
- of the same type as We collect from users; and
- for the same purposes as those We adopt in collecting information from users.
- Third parties may be able to link the information about You that they collect through these cookies with other information about You that they collect from other sources.
- We do not necessarily have access to, or control over, the cookies that third parties collect and use.
- Social media providers
You have an account with a social media provider (such as Facebook or Twitter) or if
You visit that provider's website,
You may receive a cookie from them.
- When You next visit a website with a social plugin (such as a 'like' or 'share' button), Your browser will send information about this cookie to the social media provider.
- As the Foodporn Website contains social media plug ins, when You visit the site Your browser may send some information about the pre-existing cookie to the particular social media provider.
- Also, if You have a Facebook or Google account, You can log in to Your Foodporn account through Your Facebook or Google account. This may also result in Your browser sending information about a pre-existing cookie to Facebook or Google.
- Foodporn does not have any control over the information that Your browser sends to a social media provider about its pre-existing cookies.
- If You have an account with a social media provider (such as Facebook or Twitter) or if You visit that provider's website, You may receive a cookie from them.
- You may be able to opt out of these advertising practices. For more information about how to opt out, see:
- Note that We comply with the recommended best practice for online behavioural advertising. To find out more about that standard, see Digital Advertising Alliance, 'Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising'.
- Notification of changes
We make material changes to this
We will notify
You on or before the date the new policy takes effect by either:
- sending You an email; or
- posting a notice on the Foodporn Website.
- Latest update
- We published this one on 26 May 2020.